This is a dairy-free, filling soup for those cold winter days! And sometimes I eat the croutons as a snack!
Cheesy Cauliflower Potato Soup
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 each Potato, med-large
- 1 each Onion, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced Mince and let sit for 10 minutes to develop the allicin and reap all the health benefits!
- 4 cup Vegetable broth
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 can navy beans (drained) - 15 oz.
- 6 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 slices bread
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add coconut oil and melt. Add onions and saute for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add cauliflower and potatoes. Stir well and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth, beans, and paprika. Stir well. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add nutritional yeast and tahini.
- Blend and serve with croutons.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Tear the bread into any size you want. Add to bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and herbs. Toss to coat
- Put on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing occasionally.