Neighborhood Food Network Calls
We have a zoom call every Monday night, so if you would like to join, please click here to sign up for the calls. We will do our best to answer all of your questions – and if we don’t have the answer we will find someone who does!
We also post our meetings on YouTube if you would like to catch up on a meeting you weren’t able to attend.
January 30, 2023 - Valerie Wilson: HealthyWinter Foods - Philosophy of Ancient Chinese Medicine and Science Come together.
Some links from the call:
- Macro Val Website
- MacroVal Food – Facebook Page
- Kasha Tofu Patties Recipe
- REAL FOOD with Chef Val radio show
- Chef Valerie Wilson’s youtube Channel
- Chef Val’s Whole and Healthy Cooking Patreon Channel
- Valerie’s Newsletter – Substack
- Blue Lotus Water Activator
- Burdock Root Seeds – Baker Creek
- Doudlah Farms – Buckwheat Flour
- The Eden Method
- Never Again docuseries – Part 1 on CHD
January 23, 2023 - Didi Pershouse: The Importance of the relationship between soil health, human health, water cycles, and our climate
Some links from the call:
- Didi’s Courses
- The Ecology of Care: Medicine, Agriculture, Money, and the Quiet Power of Human and Microbial Communities
- Food Not Lawns
- Dr. Elaine’s™ Soil Food Web Approach is the Essence of Soil Regeneration
- POLYFACE FARM: THE TRUTH ABOUT BIOSUSTAINABILITY
- The One-Straw Revolution: An Introduction to Natural Farming by Masanobu Fukuoka
- Unifyd Healing website
January 16, 2023 - Rick Stone of Our Stoney Acres: Seeds to start in January!
- December 19, 2022 – Garden Talk – what seeds will you be growing next year. It’s time to dream about our next gardens!
- December 5, 2022 – Sara Stewart, Unity Gardens, South Bend, Indiana –
an inspiring story about how one woman had an idea and ended up with 44 gardens that provide much more than food.
- November 21 – 2022 – Anna Sawyer, North Little Rock Community Garden – The NLR Community Garden program and urban agriculture.
- November 14, 2022 – We were so excited to speak with Jane Hur of Burbank Community Gardens to learn how they created food security and community.
- November 7, 2022 – We introduced a new seed/crop sharing app created by Joe Petsche. We also talked about what we would do differently our next garden season.
- October 3, 2022 – Maria Williford from Raleigh City Farm and garden talk!
- October 10, 2022– We were thrilled to have Master Gardener Christine Lampe on with us to talk about planting garlic, companion planting and more!
- October 17, 2022 – Megan Cain from The Creative Vegetable Gardener shared her tips for getting our gardens ready for winter.
- October 24, 2022 – We were thrilled to speak with Crystal Brown of Inspired North, an ethnobotanical educator, bio-regional herbalist, and writer/creative, focusing on wild edible food and medicinal plants and fungi. She shared with us ways to keep healthy this winter and how to live a more intentional life.
- August 1, 2022 – We welcomed Joe Robert, gardener, drummer and stonemason extraordinaire to discuss what we can plant in our August gardens!
- August 8, 2022 – We spoke with 5th generation farmer Mark Doudlah of the organic regenerative Doudlah Farms about the importance of cover cropping for the home gardener. He gave us great instructions on how to prevent weeds and pests, and improve your garden soil year after year with cover crops – and it’s easier than you think!
- August 22, 2022 – Mark Doudlah of Doudlah Farms answers our gardening questions. Learn how to make greens powder and forage for healthy foods in your own backyard!
- August 29, 2022 – We talked about saving seeds, recipes for your garden produce, and general garden talk!
- July 11, 2022 – 20 veggies you can start in July as well and Microgreens and much more!
- July 18, 2022 – Curing Onions, Potatoes, And Garlic
- July 25, 2022 – We spoke with Haley Diem, Education and Outreach Coordinator with the Duluth Community Garden Program about tomatoes, and got a lot of great information on growing and pruning. We also got a lot of great advice from Mark Doudlah, of Doudlah Farms.
- June 6, 2022 – We spoke with With special guest Terra Osman, Owner/Founder of Farmish, a marketplace app for local food and farms. She has some great tips for growing food and a solution for when you have too much!
- June 13, 2022 – We had a lively call this week with several of our viewers sharing valuable information on being prepared, from getting grants from the government to improve your growing opportunities to getting the best supplements and staying fit.
- June 20, 2022 – We had the creators of Avenger Organics on to talk about an organic alternative to killing weeds in your garden. We also had a great discussion on the way people are starting a Neighborhood Food Network in their neighborhood.
- June 27, 2022 – Although we didn’t have an “expert” on this call, we had a lively conversation about pests (some are good, some are bad), beneficial insects, soil testing, and more! We had Mark Doudlah on from Doudlah Farms and he always has a wealth on information to share!
- May 2, 2022 – We spoke with Joe a master gardener from North Carolina on how to grow food.
- May 9, 2022 – Erika Nolan, a licensed landscape horticulturist and the founder of INSTAR, provides consulting and resources to grow food, flowers, and wellness organically! Also, learn how to put in a cattle panel trellis!
- May 16, 2022 – Farmer Will Allen will discuss container gardening and his enthusiasm for gardening. We warn you – you might get excited about growing food on this call! We will talk about probably THE most important aspect of growing food – and that is planning and timing!
- May 23, 2022 – Join us as we talked with Gardener Extraordinaire Megan Cain of the Creative Vegetable Gardener talking about straightforward ways to grow your food and extend your growing season.
April 25, 2022 – An introduction to the Neighborhood Food Network!